Monday, December 27, 2010

LUSH Sale and Haul!

The day I've been waiting for. The day I specifically set aside money for. AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES! :D Mostly I was waiting for the LUSH sale. I don't treat myself to LUSH often because I have so many body lotions I don't use, I prefer shower gels to soaps, it's more expensive than drugstore or BBW stuff, I can go on and on with reasons not to buy LUSH. All I need is one good reason to buy their stuff and I go crazy. Apparently buy 1 get 1 free (on holiday items, wrapped gifts and soap) is a good enough reason ;) Granted, it's not as good as their sale last year, which was buy 1 get 2 free on their holiday items and soaps and buy 1 get 1 free on wrapped gifts. But still, something is better than nothing, right?

Here's a summary of the sales I was interested in, but just about every store is having a sale so the best thing to do is check their website to see what the deals are.
LUSH--buy 1 get 1 free on holiday items, soaps, and wrapped gifts
Abercrombie--50% off jeans (good until 12/127) and 40% off everything in the store except fragrances.
Hollister--same as Abercrombie
Victoria's Secret--buy 1 get one 50% off on their bras. They also are starting to put the clearance ones out so I don't know if their semi-annual sale as started yet or if this is just a precursor.
Bath and Body Works--semi-annual clearance sale

Now onto the goodies!

What I got from the LUSH sale:
-Angel's Delight soap
-Snowcake soap
-Matryoshka wrapped gift
-Gingerbread House bubble bar
-Christmas Eve bubble bar
-Cinders bath bomb
-Lil Lush Pud bath bomb
-So White bath bomb

And from Bath & Body Works:
-Autumn Apple fragrance oil
-Fresh Basalm fragrance oil
...really want to go back for more! any suggestions?

Now in my eagerness to cut up the soap and sort everything into bags, I forgot to take pictures until afterwards lol. So it doesn't look quite as pretty but oh well. According to the LUSH website, Angel's Delight soap is "bursting with tangerines and blackcurrants" and it definitely does smell very fruity/citrusy to me. It's also supposed to have glitter mixed in, which I didn't know until I read the LUSH website. But I really do like the smell of it and this is a new product for me so I can't really tell you what to expect when you use it.

Snowcake soap was probably my favorite soap that I got last year so of course I had to pick it up again. It's a mix of almond marzipan and rose absolute and is supposed to smell like their Smitten hand cream, which I have not tried. To me, it smells mostly like almonds. This one lathers up better than Sultana or Honey I Washed the Kids (the only other two soaps I've tried) and it leaves a very faint scent on your skin afterwards. Now the one I picked up this year doesn't smell quite as good as I remember it being so I'm hoping my nose was just overwhelmed from walking into LUSH lol.

This is what I was most excited to get. I LOVED the apple-y So White bath bomb smell. I got two of them last year and because I liked the scent to much, I never used them up! These are considered wrapped gifts and they're called Matryoshka. By the way, I apologize for the hair in the picture. haha my hair's so long it gets in the way a lot...Anyway, matryoshka consists of 2 pieces of the So White scent in soap form (*happy dance*), a So White bath bomb and what's called a Matryoshka bath bomb. But reading the description, it sounds a lot like Cinders. These are really cute too because they're shaped like those Russian dolls that you open and there's another one in there. And you open that one and there's another one, etc. With this, the bath bombs are sandwiched in between the 2 soap halves and basically, the bath bombs are smaller versions of the doll, so the soap halves have a little dent on the other side that the bath bombs fit into. I'm not sure if any of that made sense...in retrospect I should have taken pictures of it all but I didn't unwrapped them yet. Let me know if you're still confused and want pictures!
But yea, I'm hoping next year they just have the So White scent in soap form. But we'll see.

Next I picked up Gingerbread House bubble bar for a friend of mine. She's one of my LUSH partners in crime ^.^ and had mentioned that she wanted this one. This one doesn't smell as much of ginger as I expected so I was pleasantly surprised. Plus, it looks super cute with the little cinnamon stick chimney. 

I also snagged 3 of the Christmas Eve bubble bar. I missed out on this last year and I'm so glad I got a few this year because it smells lovely. This is jasmine and ylang ylang scented. I think my nose is defective because I really only smell the jasmine. haha anyway I haven't used this yet but I'm really looking forward to it. 

I picked up another Cinders bath bomb. I used one of mine from last year after my finals a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. It lasted much longer than my Mr. Butterball bath bomb from last year. I feel like Mr. Butterball fizzed out right away whereas this one lasted a good 10 minutes. Part of the reason I didn't get The Boog bath bomb this year was because I was slightly disappointed in Mr. Butterball.

 This one is Lil Lush Pud, which is another first for me. I skipped it last year because the description said it smelled like pudding and I don't particularly want my bath to smell like pudding. But I gave it a whiff and it seemed ok to me. It's made with aloe vera extract, powdered lemon peel and cloves so it smells sort of spicy.

My favorite. Even though I have yet to use it in a bath lol. I got 2 more So White bath bombs just because of the scent. I'm sure it will be a decent bath bomb, right? It's pretty boring to look at but if you like apple scented things, you will love this! There's also bergamot and orange blossom. Apparently this one fizzes differently than most of the other bath bombs. I don't know if that's true but I'll have to give it a try.

Finally, these are the home fragrance oils from Bath and Body Works. Yes, I got 3 of the Autumn Apple. No, I have not lost my mind. ;) In case you couldn't tell, I love apple scents. My roommate had the Autumn Apple and I LOVED it. She also mixes it sometimes with the Fresh Basalm and that combination smells good as well. So I'm really excited to use those. I believe I got the last Autumn Apples and Fresh Basalm at my store. I'm also tempted to go back for more because they're only $3 now, which is a fantastic deal considering how long one of these bottles will last you. If you have any suggestions for scents, leave them in the comment section!

I also got some stuff from VS and a pair of jeans and a few shirts from Abercrombie and Hollister but those are just the basic ones they have every season so I decided not to take pictures.

Oh, and here's the video I made showing the LUSH products. I feel like you can see the products better in pictures though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNNm1J7paPQ

I hope you enjoyed my post and feel free to leave suggestions in the comment!
Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. You got so many great things. I also went out and did some damages after Christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading all comments!