Friday, April 8, 2011

The Hermes Addiction Begins...

I was fortunate enough to receive my very first Hermes item as a gift for my 21st birthday. I realize that I'm very lucky to own Hermes at my age and I probably would not have (aka could not afford to have) gotten into the brand until I finished grad school and had a steady job. However the bracelet was not my style....so off to Chicago I went to exchange it. I thought about whether I should exchange it or not since I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I figured in the end, I wouldn't really wear this and it would be better to exchange for something that I really love and would wear a lot. 





Bracelet is a bit big and thick for my taste

Along the way, I had to stop and take a few photos of Chicago...

You can see the Bean


Chicago is so pretty!
Now onto my new items! The sales associate who helped me was quite helpful although I did get the feeling I knew some of the prices better than he did. But only because I had spent the past few days researching what I wanted. I ended up choosing the Cartouche bracelet and a pocket square. I had wanted a scarf but didn't have enough credit left over to get both the bracelet and the scarf. I know I'd wear the bracelet more so I went with the bracelet however a scarf is on my "to buy" list (after I save up for my DSLR ^.^)

My new Hermes items!


Cartouche Bracelet size ST


Pocket Square

I'm in love with the print of the scarf and found a few different ways to wear it. Definitely very happy with my decision and will be back for more!

This particular pattern is called Porte-Bonheur

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading all comments!