Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reveal: My First Louis Vuitton Bag

I recently purchased my very first Louis Vuitton bag, right after Thanksgiving break. After lusting for one for years, saving for months and debating the merits of new vs pre-loved for weeks, I finally decided on buying this one new. Partly for the experience of it but also partly because, this being my first one, I wanted to be 100% sure it was authentic.


I knew I wanted a Speedy in Damier Azur because I wanted the iconic LV bag. This is quite possibly the most well known one and I feel it will remain timeless and classic. It's also one of the cheaper bags they offer. I was initially debating between the Speedy and the Neverfull. While I don't generally like top handle bags, the straps on the Neverfull were so thin that I felt it would cut into my shoulders. Also, to get more use out of it, I would probably wind up using the Neverfull as a school bag and do I really need to spend $800 on a school bag? No. (Although I did get a new school bag so stay tuned!) I could list all the pros and cons of each bag but ultimately, I chose the Speedy and I'm very happy with my choice.



I wanted the Damier Azur fabric simply because I thought it was the prettiest. I've never been a fan of brown as a color so I was never too keen on the Monogram or Damier Ebene. Another plus is that my mom likes the Azur better and would be less likely to kill me...once she finds out...maybe in 5 years? ;)

Even the ribbon they use has the Louis Vuitton symbols
The only other thing up for debate was the size. I already knew the 25 would be too small for my liking. At 5'8" I felt the 25 was just too small for my frame. I was debating between the 30 and the 35 so I went into the store to try them out. The 35 looked too big so I went with the 30.

Accessorized with my Hermes scarf from a previous post
I decided now was the right time to purchase one because not only had I finally saved up for it, I'd been hearing rumors of another price increase right before Thanksgiving. Of course that didn't happen but honestly, if the price had increased, I probably would have given up on Louis Vuitton entirely and just saved for a Balenciaga or a Chanel. After all, the Speedys are mainly coated canvas, with vachetta leather handles and trimmings. At $775 for the 30, I already feel it's WAY overpriced for what it is. But knowing that this will most likely be my only Louis Vuitton bag (unless I manage to get my hands on the 2008 Watercolor Speedy or find a good deal on a pre-loved one), I was able to grit my teeth and hand over my money. I'm interested to see how much the price will increase though. Now I'm hearing January for the increase so we'll see.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. The service I got was excellent and there's not doubt this bag is a high quality bag that will last me for many many years. Enjoy the photos and please feel free to ask any questions!

x Jess x


Close up of the Hermes scarf <3



I prefer my lock on the handle because I heard it can stretch out the holes of the leather tabs.
I do wish it was made in France and kind of regret not getting it on my recent trip to Europe...


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.

    www.yolathorp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag!!! I’m so glad to have found your blog!!!! I really enjoy reading your posts!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my blog. Your supports will mean the world to me. Thank you so much in advance! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading all comments!